A house was broken into on Rushmere Lane on Sunday 11th August. Police are not currently releasing details, aside from the fact that the break in occurred around lunchtime, but if you saw anything suspicious in the area, or maybe you had a cold caller that day who you had concerns about, please get in touch with them on 101.
Their advice to local residents is as follows:
“Thames Valley is a safe place to live, work and visit. Please help us to keep it that way.
- Make sure you keep doors and windows locked, even if you are only in the garden
- Keep all valuables out of sight
- Keep house and car keys out of reach and sight of doors and windows.
- Ensure sheds and garages are fully secured.
- Lock away ladders, garden tools and other items that burglars could use to gain access to your home.
- Mark your valuables using a UV pen or forensic marking kit. Visit securedbydesign.com for further info on property marking. Register your valuables for free at www.immobilise.com to help police identify property if stolen.
- Complete the online security assessment at www.crimepreventionwebsite.com to ensure your home is secure, or you can contact your neighbourhood team on 101 for advice.
If you have any news or insights which may help the community to stay informed and safe, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. All personally identifiable information will remain anonymous unless specifically requested.